Holiday Cookie Recipe – Eksemel’s Cookbook
For Eksemel’s Holiday Cookie Recipe, first collect up all the ingredients you need;
300g softened butter
1 cup icing sugar
3 cups plain flour
Half a cup of chocolate chips
You will also need
Ask an adult to turn on the oven and set it to 180 degrees.
Wipe the baking tray with some butter so your cookies don’t stick.
To make Eksemel’s Holiday Cookies, just follow the recipe!
1. Put butter and icing sugar into a bowl and mix until fluffy.
2. Add flour and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix well. It should start coming together thicker.
3. Take the dough out of the bowl and place it on the baking sheet. Knead it until it’s smooth.
4. Place the dough in the fridge to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Roll out flat with a rolling pin on the baking paper.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes, pressing firmly onto the flat dough. Place the cut out shape onto the greased baking tray.
Repeat until all dough has been used.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Ask an adult to help you put the baking tray into the oven and take it out.
Leave your cookies to cool for 10 minutes as they will be too hot to eat. If you wanted to make something REALLY special, you could decorate your cookie with some melted chocolate and then sprinkle with hundreds-and-thousands….yuuummmmmmmm….
When you take a big problem like this – baking Holiday Cookies -you break it down into a recipe. A recipe is a list of the foods you need and the instructions on what to do with the food – it’s called deconstructing and this is a skill you need for coding. Learn more about breaking down problems by reading this article.
For more cookie recipes, take a look at Taste.com.au